Saturday, June 16, 2007

Everybody Deserves a Chance to Fly!

Sometime during the night, I lay in bed and wondered if I ever made the right decisions in my life.

Did I have regrets?

If i were given a chance, would I change something about it?

I used to say that I don't make mistakes. I make lessons. Looking back, I think that some of those lessons, didn't quite rub off on me and had to be repeated for emphasis. The thing is, you promise yourself that you woudn't repeat the same mistakes again. And yet, here you are doing the same thing over and over again.

As a student, repeating the same lessons over and over again means that you've hit a flat learning curve and you now have to re-examine possible reasons why you haven"t improved. In life, when you repeatedly do the same mistakes, you're called a masochist.

But, why do we do it?

Why subject ourselves to the hurt and humilation?

I guess... I'll have my answers when I do stop doing those things that I said I wouldn't do anymore.

2 comments:

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

yes your are right about wondering on decisions. At present I am going thru that stage ,

rock angel said...

thanks, harekrishnaji.

i believe that the reality of how your decisions affected your life could only be seen clearly when you take off the rose tinted glasses.

thanks for visiting my blog!