Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Call, The Forgotten, and One Vote For Me and Baby


I got the call.

No, not that call. I'm not gonna run off and join the seminary, if that's what you’re thinking.

No, the call that I got was a little more perplexing than that.

That day, I woke up, to find that I have a text message in my phone. So, naturally I opened it up. It was just a one-liner text that read: "answer the phone. I'll be calling." it was from Japoy.

Flashback!

Japoy: beh, I think we should cool off muna.

Me: why? May problem ba tayo?

Japoy: wala naman. Na guiguilty ako kasi na neneglect kita. I feel like I should enjoy my life first. Marami akong gustong gawin, and dapat gawin.

Me: naiintindihan ko naman na marami kang inaalala eh. Kailangan ba talagang mag- cool off?

Japoy: oo. Alam ko kasi kung pano yung feeling nang ma-neglect. Ayaw kong madama mo yun sakin.

Me: sige, susuportahan kita dyan. I love you.

>End Flashback<>
As usual, me being my paranoid self, thought of a hundred different scenarios why he couldn’t have tried to reached me. The most prominent, being that I was just his "rebound guy". You know, that guy you hook up with to get over your ex, but you don’t really have feelings for. The one that you leave as soon as you and your ex have patched things up and are together again. Yeah, I felt down in the dumps because of that.

>Fast Forward<>
Ouch.
And then the poll would decide whether Japoy and I would be together or not. Kinda like COMELEC would make Japoy make up his mind about me.

If only that were that simple.

When I signed up for love, I signed up for the whole package, even the heartbreak. But this constant confusing feeling he has for me is driving me crazy. It's like one minute, I know where I stand in his life, and the next I don't. so confused.

Right now? I don’t know who the hell I am in his life.

No comments: