Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mall Rats, Pillars-- Comin' At Yah!


Shangri-La Edsa Mall. 5:00 PM

Whoever started the notion "Look before you leap" must have had an experience same as mine.

Okay, Flashback!

So there I was, in the Shang with my friend Haydee. She was looking for plates for her new apartment, so after we went to church (yes people, I do pray), I went plate-hunting with her, and ended up in Shangri-La. Now, for those who have never been to Shangri-la. I'll tell you all about it. It's got pillars. Big, huge pillars made of some white and strong cement. And let me tell you, don't ever attempt to ram those pillars face-first, cause damn, it hurts like hell! How did I know that, you ask? Well, for the simple fact that I, ladies and gentlemen, have indeed walked face first smack in one of those pillars. Yep, cliché, I know, just like a cartoon character. Only thing that's missing were the anvils and twittering, circling birds above my heads.

I blame GAS!

So Haydee and I were walking inside the mall, browsing, and otherwise minding our own business. And I noticed this cute top in GAS. So, naturally, I turned to look at it more closely. Never knowing that when I look up-front again, I would run face-first into a big, hard slab of concrete. Damn! And to make matters worst, there were a lot of people around us who noticed my big boo-boo. What a shame, huh? I was so embarrassed, that I covered my face with the plastic folder I was holding and ran straight to the first store I saw. Talk about making a scene!

To add insult to injury. Or should I say, to add injury to insult. When I walked past a mirror, I saw a dark mark on my face, just off of my cheekbone. Well, having cheekbones as high as mine, it would certainly be the first to get injured when something'll hit my face.

It would be a VERY long time before I come back again to Shangri-La.

And if ever you see me on "Bitoy's Funniest Videos", please, laugh as hard as you can. It would make me feel better knowing I got injured to entertain someone.
"YARI KA!!!"

2 comments:

|=[RaPtUsErUm]=| said...

Ahahaha! wag kse tingin ng tingin sa gwapo! minus billion karir points and bukol, remember?

rock angel said...

hahaha! correct! nakakatuwa tayo, tayo lan nag-cocomment sa blog nang isa't isa! wahahaha